Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gak!

has it really been 16 days since i posted? where does the time go? jeez. now i'm going to have to have a 3 posts week in the near future to make up for it. that won't be this week though because my mom is coming for a visit, yay!

i'm having a slight time problem right now. perhaps because i work at home and my hobbies are home-based (reading, writing, watching TV, downloading stuff to watch/listen to, exercising) and i don't have an externally imposed schedule, time has started to do weird things. days run together, yet hours can stretch into torturous segments as i check and recheck my favorite sites to see if anything new has been written/posted. i'm not working right now, so i don't even have my work reports to keep me grounded in today's date. the weather hasn't yet summer-fied, so sometimes it feels like may and other times september. the days of the week are determined by exercises performed -- monday = walk/jog, bike, abs; tuesday = bike, legs workout, abs... et cetera, et cetera. i think that's one of the reasons i've had some difficulty making the final push to finish the book -- when every day seems quite the same, it's hard to understand that yes, time is marching on without me. that's not to say i'm drenched in ennui like that horribly depressing nine inch nails song (every day is exactly the same). quite the opposite, in fact. i'm pretty dang happy with my life. i just need a reliable time keeper that beeps and talks to me every once in a while to remind me that my existence may be cyclical but the rest of the world works on linear time.

1 comment:

Jason Harman said...

Gak - at first I thought you were writing about a Klingon dish. Alas it wasn't!

Keep on truckin'

Want to read Time and Free Will by Bergson with me? Then we can really discover the meaning of time... yes... and build a flux capacitor to take us back... to the future!